Friday, February 17, 2006

Name Analysis

My M saw this website that does name analysis for dogs.

This is what mine said:
"You have an intelligent, self-sufficiant responsible pet who may appear aloof. Your pet is certainly never dull. You may find this animal has a dualistic nature being very communicative one minute and sullen the next. This animal loves a challenge, takes direction well and will definitely be the 'leader of the pack'. Your pet is sweet and loving, enjoys being stroked, and definitely prefers luxury to a spartan life. This animal has a pleasant disposition and enjoys the company of pets of the opposite sex. Your pet is excitable and hyperactive and may experience nervous disorders if not given the freedom to release this nervous energy."

My M says "Phish!"

Let's dissect this statement piece by piece.

"You have an intelligent, self-sufficiant responsible pet who may appear aloof."
I agree with the intelligent part (M: I don't) and I am self sufficient. Food is enough to keep me happy and I don't need a lot of other things. I am definitely not aloof. I've got the friendiest faces around.

"Your pet is certainly never dull. You may find this animal has a dualistic nature being very communicative one minute and sullen the next"
I'm seldom sullen, maybe bored, but not sullen. And if I'm such a dull dog, I won't have things to say in my blog, right?

This animal loves a challenge, takes direction well and will definitely be the 'leader of the pack'.
No no no no.... I'm not a leader. I don't like to lead. My motto is 'make friends, not war'. Leaders like to fight, I don't. And I don't like challenges. Just give me my food. Don't hide it in balls, wrap it in paper or cover it up. I don't like wrecking my brain.

Your pet is sweet and loving, enjoys being stroked, and definitely prefers luxury to a spartan life.
Yup... I can agree to the sweet and loving part, although I don't show my love so openly. I don't go around asking for kisses or hugs, although I do get jealous when my M or MM pays too much attention to another dog. I'm used to a spartan life, but I can get used to luxury too. heh heh heh...

This animal has a pleasant disposition and enjoys the company of pets of the opposite sex.
I definitely have a pleasant disposition, but I also like the company of pets of both sexes. I even like cats... before I got attacked by one.

Your pet is excitable and hyperactive and may experience nervous disorders if not given the freedom to release this nervous energy.
My M says this part is complete bull sh*t. I am defintely not nervous, or hyperactive or excitable. Oh well, maybe excitable when it's feeding time, but other than that, I'm a cool dog. My M calls me a pig. So definitely not hyperactive for me.

oink... do we look alike?


So the conclusion is.... this name analysis thing doesn't work. Let me know if your analysis is correct.

No comments: