Monday, March 17, 2008

Hide and Seek

My M was upset with me this morning. Because I played hide and seek with her.

Usually she'll bring me down in the morning for my toilet break, and when we come home, she'll off leash me at out level's lift landing and I will run to our door to wait for her to open it up.

Well, today I did the usual, but I decided to play a trick on her. I ran to the door, and while her back was turned as she opened the door, I ran to hide. She turned around and didn't see me so she called my name but I was sniggering in my hiding place and didn't come out.

So she got a little worried (and angry) and walked back to the lift landing to find it empty. So she went back to lock the gate and told my MM that I ran off before going to look for me and calling my name. Just as she disappeared round the stairs, I ran back home at stood at the gate. My MM opened the door for me and called out to my M that I'm home.

She asked how did I get back and my MM said I just appeared at the door. Actually I was only hiding at the other corner.

Then I got punished. :(

How come my M can play hide and seek with me but I cannot play hide and seek with her?

8 comments:

Joe Stains said...

Oh boy my Mom would have gone nuts!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh dear.. I think you made your M worried there. It's ok, just dont do it again...

~ Girl girl

Molly the Airedale said...

We agree with Girl girl, Helios - your mom just got super worried about you! Better go easy on her for a couple of days!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Charlie said...

Hey, what's that punishment thing about? You were just playing! Of course, it'd make my mom crazy too...
- Charlie

Anonymous said...

this is "只准天子放火,不准百姓点灯"!!

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, you sure scared the daylight out of your M & MM! I did the same thing last Sunday at the training grounds. My mommy put me in a down-stay near the agility course & gave me a squeaky ball to play with. While she was talking to her students, I walked off & decided to join the other classes in the football field which was below the park my mommy was training. It's like one mile away. When my mommy turned around, she found me no where. She called me many times but I didn't respond & then when she looked down at the football field, she hears one of the trainers saying my name. She used me as a demo dog since I went there to disturb her class, BOL! That's how she got me back & then I got punished too. Back to be tied up.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Princess Patches said...

Helios, it's because she loves you so much! Our Mom would freak out too if we disappeared!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy & Penny

Sami & Baylee said...

Helios,

I went hiding when I was a puppy and I hide to long and Mommy started crying..so I never do that again. Mommy said she had a yorkie before me and someone took her and never saw her again. Now, I always come running when I am outside and Mommy calls me. I know it is fun but our Hoomans worry when they can't see us! No hide-n-seek for us..bummer!

Kisses & Licks,
Sami