Thursday, September 06, 2007

Acupuncture and the Middle Name Game

I've been tagged by Eddie & Peaches & Ella for this middle name game since like forever, but I never gotten down to actually doing it, because I seem to be so tired all the time.

However, the acupucture treatment yesterday seems to work, I feel a little more energetic although I still did not eat my broccolis at dinner. I don't know why but fruits and vegetables don't smell as tempting now so I don't feel like eating them. Other than that, my M and the aunties all felt that I'm almost back to my old self. I'm starting to smile again, look a little more lively again, and re-taken my position in supervising kitchen work. The last few days, I was so tired I can't even be bothered to supervise clean up in the kitchen.

From this...


to this...


I even managed to bark at Baileys when he tried to hump me too much!

Anyway, for those interested in acupuncture, it's Dr Oh Soon Hock, he practises twice a week at Mount Pleasant. You'll need a referral from the Mount Pleasant vet to see him.

All righty, on to the middle name game! Here's the rules:

1. Post the rules before you give the facts. (Listen up Pups, these are the Rules!!)

2. List one fact that is somehow relevant to you and your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. When you are tagged you need to write your post using your middle name and facts about it.

4. At the end of your post choose one dog to tag for each letter of your middle name. Be sure to let each puppy know she/he has been tagged. (It’s ok if you don’t do this, just tag who you want to tag!).

Ohh.... this doesn't sound easy at all. I don't have a middle name actually, but the humans said if I have one, it'll be FOOD. So here goes...

F - F... is for... Food? I can only think of that...

O - O is for... Oishi!!! Which means delicious in Japanese

O - Oh no, another O... for Oops, coz my M says I'm clumsy sometimes

D - D is for durians! One of my 101 favourite food.

Everything I like is food related!

10 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Wow! It really did work. I can see the difference! This doctor must be really good coz one of my bad bad kitty sis who had a car accident last time became paralyzed from stomach down & has also broke a rib. She went for acupuncture before just once but we did not see any improvement. It's been two year now since her accident & she can walk a little bit even before the acupuncture. After is, it's still the same. She will slip & fall & slip & fall. She has no strength in her legs & tail & she cannot control her bladder so she does it everywhere & my hoomans now make her wear hooman baby pampers everyday. Hehehe! Good for her!

Maybe you need more acupunctures every month then maybe you'll slowly improve. By the way, are you going to get cut up again on Monday?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Herbie said...

amber - yeah, it did work. I have not gotten my energy 100% back yet, but my M did say the spark is coming back in my eye. I'll have to go every week. And my M is already moaning about the hole it will burn in her pocket. And yes, I'll still be cut up on mon. :(

Natasha Fernz said...

Hey Herbie

Hope you're feeling better... maybe you ought to try mega doses of Vitamin C as well??? It has worked for all my dogs when they are ill...

Anyway I need a hand... am rallying for supporters for a SILENT Protest this Sunday in a bid to Stop the Dog Hunt organised by MPS. Please tell your friends who are animal lovers in Malaysia to visit http://cleopatrathelabrador.blogspot.com for details.

Thanks a million

Molly the Airedale said...

That's wonderful that the acuputure is working! yippeeeeee!
I love that you chose all foody stuff for the middle name game! Your sense of humor is still the same Herbie!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Snowball said...

Herbie,

Dr Oh promise his patient that results will be shown after 4 session of treatment and he dun give rain checks. Having to go for acupuncture regularly can really be quite tiring but in order to see more results you got to be persistent. I have been through that and so I know how it delt like. I am just glad that you are feeling better and Dr Oh is the best vet available for acupuncture treatment.

Hope you get better and better everyday.

Luv,
Snowball

Charlie said...

Herbie, we're so glad to hear you're feeling a little better!! Keep it up, pal.
- Charlie

Ben & Darling said...

Hey Herbie, you look great!! Those needle really work huh!! But its abit scary....put those big needle on our head....it looks like really ouch!!

Hammer said...

Hi Herbie

I'm really happy you're feeling better. My mum believes in acupuncture .. the hard part is finding the right person to do it. Hope your operation goes well on Monday. Stay well.

Love from Hammer

T-man Angel said...

Herbie, I'm so glad that you're getting energy again. I did acupuncture too, but didn't notice that big of an improvement. Mainly massage helped me feel better. Your doctor must be really good. Mom agrees about it being expensive, but if it makes you feel better, it's gotta be worth it :)

Deanna said...

Your gray face is so cute!