Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Guard dog

Now that my baby sister is at home, I feel that I have to be more vigilant in my guarding duties. So I bark at anyone who presses the doorbell. Depending on my mood, sometimes I only bark once or twice. If I'm feeling really excited, I go "Woof! Woo-woo-woo-woo-woof! WooF WOOF!"

Aunty W came over the other day and she was really impressed with my barks. She told my M that I sounded really fur-rocious, but once I appear at the door the image is totally spoiled.

I wonder what spoiled the image


Apparently guard dogs are not supposed to show off their toys.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because I still manage to scare strangers even with my toys. The meat delivery guy was so wary of me that he collected payment through the gate and left my meat outside, so we have to carry it in ourselves. My M said I almost scared away my dinner. I'll have to remember not to 'woo-woo-woo-woo-woof' at that man coz I still want my dinner.

But if that man is smart, he'll know that I just want to play. That's what the toys are for anyway.

10 comments:

Pippa said...

Maybe people might think you have killed the toy?

Pippa

Anonymous said...

Ermmmmm... Helios... Maybe the meat delivery guy is a Malay or a practicing Muslim. If he is, he would be avoiding you due to his religious teachings.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, I do that kind of "Woo-woo-woo-woo-wooOOOFFF!" barking too when someone walks by our gate or ring the doorbell. Hehehe! Me is a good guard dog too but I usually retreat when a scawie looking big guy comes in. Heh! So not a very good guard dog after all...Your new baby sista's bed is HUGE! She must be sooo comfortable on it.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Huskee and Hershey said...

Aiyoh Helios,
Please remember that scaring away the guy that delivers your dinner will be a very bad move!! And ermmm.. you may want to put the toy down before you greet anyone at the door next time so that you can maintain ur 'furocious' image.

Sami & Baylee said...

Helios, that is so sweet that you bark and are so protective of your new baby sister. What a great doggie you are

I bark even more when my hooman sis is outside and then I make Mommy let me out just so I can keep and eye on her to make sure she is safe.

Kisses,
Sami

Joe Stains said...

Great job, I bet your sissy feels WAY safer thanks to you, but yes, dont bark at the meat man!!

Ben & Darling said...

I think those people will runaway before you even greet them with your toy. hehe

slurpy lick,BenBen

Homer said...

Oh Helios... we think you look so cute in this photo!

Homer

Deanna said...

What a cute picture!

Molly the Airedale said...

Mitch has a really low bark too, Helios! I guess it's a boy thing, right?
We saw many Goldens on Nantucket! They're very popular dogs there!
It's so nice to be home!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch