Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Me alarm clock?

Yesterday my M woke up late for work. I try to wake her up to go workie. I lickie lick her toe, she keep her toe. I lickie lick her hand, she keep her hand. I try to tell her, you late, go workie! But she ignore me. Then she was late.

My MM said he changed the time on the alarm clock and forgot to tell her. I say next time dun use alarm, use me! Me a veri good alarm clock!

My big brother Herbie is still sickie. He dun wanna play with me so much. I lickie his mouth but he never get up to play. My M says she dun know what to do now. I hope he gets better coz I wanna play with him.

Play with me!

(M: I'm not sure what to do next with Herbie. All tests came back inconclusive. The 1st vet is certain it's lymphoma (by process of eliminating other causes) and suggests starting him on chemo, but I'm quite reluctant. She also felt that another biopsy will not help much as the pathologist said that the tissue sample is a good one. By the way, the pathologist is unable to release the slides. They say that human cells are a little different from animal cells, and a human pathologist won't have anything for comparison even if he reads the slides.

So now here I am, stuck between a rock and a hard place. Should I start on chemo, and risk that the lumps are not cancerous? Should I not start on chemo, but what if it's cancer and I'm delaying his treatment. Should I get a third opinion, and confuse myself further? Should I do another biopsy, will it help?

I don't know if I'm being paranoid now, as in, Herbie has always been lazy and slow, but recently I seem to think he's a lot more slower. I don't know if he's always been like that, or am I starting to imagine things and looking at his slowness with another perspective, and I keep thinking it's his cancer making him tired.

He's still begging, but now he's a little more choosy. He won't eat certain fruits while in the past he will just gobble things up. Now he will sniff before deciding if he wants to eat it. And I start thinking if it's cancer making him lose his appetite.

He plays lesser now. Every little expression of his, every movement (or lack of) that he makes, I keep thinking is it cancer making him behave this way.

I tell myself to wait another week and observe, but I keep fearing that I'm delaying his treatment and he will slowly deteriorate. Any advise?


Barley said...

How about doing another biopsy with another vet? I'm hoping maybe different tissue samples taken at different times may draw more conclusive results..

Take care ya...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that there's no conclusive good news. Will another biopsy affect Herbie very badly? If the effects of a second biopsy are minimal, maybe another sample may shed some light?

Kisses to Herbie from Cosmic & Wookie.

Anonymous said...

If u choose to do another biopsy with another vet, better make sure it is sent to a different lab and pathologist.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh Herbie's M,

I honestly don't know what else you can do! This is very difficult...I can't really give you any advice. So sorry. But like others said, maybe another biopsy from another vet might have a different or maybe the same results. Paws crossed for you dear Herbie!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Snowball said...

Perhaps Herbie is just depress from all the vet visits. I suggest you let him rest and just give him the bestest time in his life and leave the rest up to fate.

Cheer up cos your stress will also affect Herbie's emotion. Have you send in a request for the Distant Reiki Treatment Request? Continue with the Reiji treatment first.

All the best to Herbie.


Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know what to do too if I were you but despite knowing it'd cause my dog some pain, I'd most likely bring him to another vet to do a test. Have you tried Dr Ling from Namly Clinic or Dr Jean Paul Lye from ARC? Give him lots of hugs and talk to him, he'd understand and I'm sure he knows you're just doing the best for him.

- Scout's Mom

Pacco de Mongrel said...

why can't those vet be a little more consistent with their diagnosis?

Shannon said...

What a horrible situation for you. People say no news is good news. In this case no news is leaving you so confused.. I have no advice to give you. I wish I did. A third opinon may be worth getting. Another biopsy if it won't stress Herbie out too much or cause him too much pain.

But regardless, give Herbie extra hugs and kisses and lots of love.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Can you get a second opinion from another doctor specialized in alternative remedies? Herbes and homeopathic medicine might help Herbie immune system.
Reiki and prayers to Herbie and all of you....
Blessings and love

Natasha Fernz said...


It's Cleo here... Just read the news about the test results and all. Oh dear... I really hope you get better soon and that the docs find out what's really wrong so that you can start treatments asap. Failing that alternative therapies are good too...


Joe Stains said...

I don't have any advice except to maybe try another doctor? we are sending good thoughts and doggy licks to you guys

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Helios is such a good alarm clock. :)

So sad that the vets can't give conclusive report. I hope Herbie will be fine.
Please take care

~ Girl girl

T-man said...

Poor Herbie!! Maybe trying another biopsy would be a good idea.

A couple years ago a vet thought I had lymphoma according to my ultrasound, but after doing a biopsy, they noticed a strange mass & suspected it was retained testicles. They did surgery and that's what it was (go figure!)

We're sending healing thoughts your way and wishing you the best. Let us know how you're doing.


Ben_Benjamin said...

Mayb you can try another vet? All the good luck go to Herbie.

Snowball said...

Hi Herbie,

There is a survey that I need your help to do. Please check out my blog. Thanks!


Anonymous said...

Maybe you would like to contact this holistic vet for advise.

Anonymous said...

what would the effects chemo treatment do to Herbie? have many dogs survived chemo? would it be a safer bet for him to go thru it?