Monday, January 29, 2007

Beach outing... photo intensive!

My apologies for the slow update. My M took a lot of photos recently and didn't have the time to edit and sort through them.

Anyway, we went to the beach again on Sunday, and although it wasn't really sunny, at least it didn't rain. Poor Rafv can't come coz his dad said he just had his bath.

I had quite a good time at the beach, if you minus out the fact that I was again forced to swim. My M asked Uncle M to carry me out for a swim, and Tommy isn't helping by leading the way.

Tommy: This way, dad!


I was made to paddle my own way back slowly.

I hate swimming


They even tried to lure me into swimming with one tiny, miserable piece of muffin.

Is the muffin worth the swim? Hmm...


In the end I decided that the 1"x1" piece of muffin is not worth me expanding my effort to swim. The calories burned would have far exceeded the calories that goes in.

Nah... let's wait for a bigger piece


Other than the enforced swim, I was having a good time...

...rolling...


...running...




...hopping...


...napping...


...and playing with Tommy


Not everyone was having a good time tho. Although Scuba was looking forward to the trip to the beach, but I think he got more than he bargained for. He thought that with his Mum in Hong Kong, no one would make him swim, and there'll be more food for him. Unfortunately, this time the humans only brought enough food for themselves (selfish humans!), and he was STILL made to swim. Tommy, as usual, was not helpful at all.

Scuba: I changed my mind! I don't want the beach anymore!


Why do I have to swim? *gargle*


After a few trips being dragged into the water by Uncle M (who was not a very popular human that day, as you shall soon see...), Scuba spent the rest of the morning sulking on land.

Sulk


And here's the evidence of Mr Unpopular being given the cold shoulder, even after he offered his friendship...

Uncle M: We're still friends?
Scuba: *ponders*.... nah...


There was a slight hitch to the beginning of Joey's day. Aunty G walked all the way to the beach before she realised she left the all important thing in the car... Joey's ball. So she had to walk back and take it while Joey looks longingly towards the sea.

Joey: She's taking hell of a long time to walk back


So my kind MM, being the one holding their leash, decided to lead him into water first. But Jack resisted.

Jack: Get me away from the water!


In the end, this is how Jack spent the rest of the morning...

I wanna go hoooome....


Tommy, as usual, was having fun with his rope toy, until he got sick of it...

I need a new toy...


and saw....

a new toy!


I don't know what is it with Joey's ball. All ball loving dogs seem to have this thing about his balls. They'd rather play with his balls then their own. Erm... in case you're wondering, balls as in toy ball, because Joey doesn't have any balls of his own... erm... you know... erm...

Anyway! As I was saying, Tommy was eyeing Joey's ball.

Tommy: Say... you have a nice ball...
Joey: Get your own ball!


Joey: Go away!
Tommy: But.. I thought we're friends! Friends share!


Joey: Come back, you ^%@#*%#@ ball stealer! Go play with your own rope toy!


And so after Joey managed to find his ball back, he decided to bury it so that no one but him can find it.

Must find a good hiding place


Press the sand down so that it won't look so newly dug


Well, I'm not too sure about the ending to the ball saga. But we did end the outing with a trip to the nearby petstore.



Unfortunately, my M did not buy me anything because she forsee that I will be getting lots of food as my birthday presents this week. And actually, I saw Aunty S and Aunty W buying my presents.... hiak hiak hiak

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Herbie,
Hiak hiak.. Scuba sure looked sulky!! You guys really had a great time huh.. esp. Tommy who was going after Joey's balls (no pun intended).

Anonymous said...

Hi Herbie

Happy birthday to you in advance. Not to mention CNY is just round the corner too. More feasting.

Anonymous said...

Nice photos! I like the one where Joey tries to press the sand down with his body... so funny..

Your M so bad... keep tempting you with all the 'Yummy Yummy Yum Yums' you want and didn't buy any thing for u?

Oh ya... Happy Birthday in advance Herbie!!! Wishing you a lot of pressies and of cos FOOD!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to u!

i am so envious.. i want to go to the beach!

Anonymous said...

those photos were great! I do not swim and I never will swim, so I have sympathy for all of the non swimmers :(

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i haven't gotta chance 2 been to a beach outing yet...but i bet it must b lotsa fun compare to my weekly jungle trekking...

notice tat both u n scuba had a great time together...scuba even had a safety suit...hahaha

The Brat Pack said...

Great pics! We found you through Dogs w/ Blogs and we're really jealous of your beach trips!

Stuck in Texas -
The Brat Pack