Monday, December 24, 2007

First Groom

My M gave me an early christmas present yesterday, but I didn't really like it, coz it was a looong bath, and I don't like baths very much.

She said since I have not bathed for 2 weeks, and it's gonna be christmas but she has no time to bath me this week again, she decided to take me to this pet shop for my very first grooming while she lunch with her friends.

They can't see the shower area from outside, but can you see me being blow dried after the bath?



After that a nice man came to cut my fur. Although he's nice, I still didn't like standing on the tall table and having my butt shaved. I was so scared my legs were shaking on the table, but I still behave myself and did not jump off the table even though I was not leashed at one point when he combed my chest.

Me, good, shaking boi!


By then my M had finished her lunch and came back. A family was standing outside looking at the dogs being groomed and the mother commented that I am a very good boi coz I did not move. My M told her it's my 1st grooming and I'm scared, but the nice lady still say I'm a very good boi.

After that, the nice groomer gave me a prep talk and told me I am very handsome! I believe him because he is a good man. And of course I AM handsome.



Then he said ok! and I jumped off the table.



Then I sat nicely at the side and waited for my M and MM to collect me.

Handsome and fluffy me


See how happy I am to see my long lost M and MM? I was jumping for joy!



And before we left, I had to take a peekture with the front of the shop.



Much as I like the nice man, I hope we don't go back so soon again because I don't like baths.

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone! May your presents be filled with toys, food, loads of love and kisses.... and no baths.

16 comments:

The Brat Pack said...

You look smashing! We had showers yesterday so we feel your pain. Must be something about the holidays.

We hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Tucker & The Brats

Amber-Mae said...

Helios, non of us like going to the groomer's! It's terrible being there!!! But if my ball is there to accompany me, then I'm okay with it. You look very nice after you're done! I hope the nice fella didn't cut off too much hair on you coz my Golden friend's hair, did not grow back after that. My hoomans always watch the groomers to make sure they don't cut any hair off. It's best to look natural...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Boo Boo said...

Merry Xmas to you !!!

Enjoy the food and presents !!!

andrahyb said...

Helios!
Woofy Christmas to you!

We had been reading your blog for some time but Mommy didn't register us a blog. Now that we have... We wanna take this chance to wish you LORRY LOADS of treats (w/out having to beg, of course!) and TLC from your M, MM and Everyone!

Paws & Barks,
Rudolf & Goofy

Furkids in Hong Kong™ said...

You look great Herbie!

Don't worry about the groomers. They're also known to be Mr/Ms Snackperson.

Mark loves going to the groomers. Hiba likes it because she's so nosey. But Cream......she makes it clear she doesn't like it by putting on a very long, sad face.

Merry X'mas to your pack!

Molly the Airedale said...

You are one handsome boy, Helios!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Katherine and Pippa said...

You look very gorgeous after your grooming.

But I don't want one. I think I will settle for looking scruffy.

Pippa

Bond said...

Wow !! Handsome Handsome :)

Merry Christmas to you ! Have a Wonderful Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Oh you look awesome. I put all 4 paws down with mom and told her I would not stand for a bath/shower. I won!

Hugs,
Sikta

Urban Smoothie Read said...

merry christmas to u, helios..

may u had a pawsome day

Dining Alone said...

I am sorry you were scared at that groomer, I would have been too! Merry Christmas!!

Amber said...

Merry Christmas Helios!! You look super handsome!

Eddie N Peaches said...

Getting groomed is no picnic, but all the attention after is!
Merry Christmas.
Whoofs & Baroos,
Eddie, Peaches, Bella and Lady, too

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You look very fluffy and handsome now after your grooming Helios.
I'm sure you're a very good boy for staying still on the table

Hope you had a pawsome xmas

~ Girl girl

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas Helios - you look beautiful after your bath!

River

Anonymous said...

Isn't that VivoCity?
My S says I need a loooong shower too. hahaha...I'm dirtier than you cos' I didn't shower for weeks !! Hohoho!! Merry X'mas from a Smelly Me :P

Regards,
Nova