Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Baking Day

Sunday was baking day. My big brother herbie always says he likes baking days, and now I know why. There's things to eat on baking day!

Firstly, my M baked 2 butter cakes for the humans. It's not that interesting since I don't get to eat it so there's only 2 before and after peekture of the butter cake.

Before


After


My M says this is the first time her cake came out perfect, because she couldn't get the correct temperature and timing for the oven the last few times she tried baking it.

And now, to the more important stuff. I'm gonna be 1 end of the month, so my M started making cookies for my friends.

Here are the ingredients....

Wholemeal flour, organic rolled oats, olive oil, egg


Steamed minced mutton


which she pureed.... with garlic


Put everything in a bowl and mix into a dough...



I was quite worried when I hear my M says she's not good at baking. I want my friends to have nice, yummy cookies.

Do you think we should buy some cookies, as back up plans?


But luckily everything came out quite all right...

So far, so good...


We had star shaped cookies, coz I'm a STAR!

Twinkle, twinkle little cookies


And we have hearts too, coz we have loads of LUV

I *heart* my cookies


And then they went into the oven...



And came out ready to eat!



My M says I can't eat the nice ones yet, but she gave me the odd sized pieces. I said, ok, as long as I can eat.

Conshentrating on the food


It was yummy! She said she might have to bake another batch this sunday. Yippeeee! Now I luv baking days as well!

12 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh, Baking day sure looks exciting. :) Those cookies look yummilicious.!

~ Girl girl

Kien said...

Oh wow.. it is exciting n fun for ur baking day!.. makes me wanna jump right in and join u!..

How i wish my mom can bake!... she is a real dummy!..

P/s : oh am so excited that u might be or going to be having the same fate as me!.. hehehe.. can't wait to hear good news from u soon..

Anonymous said...

Helios has grown into such a handsome boy!

Merry Christmas in advance!



- Herbie's Fan

Amber-Mae said...

Oh wow, the butter cakes look pawsome so does the cookies! Yummy! My mommy enjoys making butter oats cookies for us all the time becoz 1st of all, it's the easiest to make, 2nd, the ingredients are cheap & 3rd we LOVE it! You look gorgeous in those photos btw... Love your fluffy fur!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Molly the Airedale said...

Your cookies look delicious as well as perfectly beautiful! You are one handsome boy, Helios!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Huskee and Hershey said...

Ok.. I need to have a serious heart to heart talk with my mom.. I don't understand why we NEVER have baking days over at our place.. Those cookies looks so good.. My saliva is all over the keyboard now.

Amber said...

Hi Helios! Your mom sure can bake really well! I am drooling over here.. You look really handsome and your fur looks so soft and silky :)
I received your lovely card! Thank you!

Amber

Charlie said...

Those are really scrumptious-looking cookies, Helios! I can't believe you're just going to be one -- you look so big and grown up (and of course handsome). Time sure goes by fast!

Thanks for the great holiday card. We love the pictures of you and Angel Herbie!
- Charlie

The Brat Pack said...

You're SO lucky to have baking day. Mom keeps talking about it but it hasn't happened yet!

Tucker

PS Those are some dashing pics of ya.

Joe Stains said...

your Mom looks like she is a great baker and you look VERY handsome!

Anonymous said...

I think your M did a GREAT job on the cooking front! Everything looks yummy. I am glad you were able to do a taste test!

Hugs,
Sitka

Anonymous said...

Hi Helios. U going to take over the role of kitchen inspector from Angel Herbie?